Friday, August 31, 2012

Kids Counting Calories


After I graduated from high school, the school systems started transitioning to healthier eating habits; at least in Alabama! You could no longer get candy and soda from the snack machines and the menu got nastier. When I was growing up, I didn't see many huskies around! I was the last generation to grow up playing outside (80's Baby). We played outside from the morning until the streetlights came on! My how times have changed...

I think instead of making kids count calories, they should emphasize physical activity! Kids need a high caloric content because they GROW more than adults do. I played 2-3 sports at a time when I could. I know not everyone is afforded that, but outside time is pertinent. It doesn't take much to make a difference in the health and fitness of a child; and every little thing counts!

Just my opinion...

No comments:

Post a Comment