Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Beginning of my Journey

Yes, yes and yes. 

In every situation in life you either learn from it or you don't. Back in my younger days, I used to take life for what it was and nothing more. Blessed- nonetheless! The older I get, I realized things happen for a reason. It may not be your plan, but it's God's plan. September last year I was fortunate enough to move back in to my mom's house. Didn't want to; I'm 24 and that's not where I saw myself. It was a responsible choice to make, seeing that I was 7 months pregnant at the time. I was out of a job and single! It's all good. I enjoyed my pregnancy... NO MORNING SICKNESS at all; just craved Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice. I had a healthy baby boy at the end of November- he had an innate sleeping scheduled that was consistent! I got lucky, lol. Anyway, as months passed I began to lose friendships left and right. I didn't get out the house much because my mom didn't think my car was safe and equipped to drive her precious grandbaby around. It was too hot outside. Alabama has that humid heat and it can get pretty icky. I had issues with going back to work- should I or shouldn't I... that is the question. Any job I would get I knew that I wouldn't be able to spend as much time with my baby, especially since I wanted to start back school. I'd never see him. I didn't have any immediate bills- family helped with anything I needed for the baby. Still does. But, I'm the type that has to be doing something. I couldn't just sit around watching my son watching me. He'll pick up on the idea that he has to do nothing.
 I decided to start a cleaning business! Mom had a lady come out to clean the house every other week and I would talk to her as she cleaned. The hours sounded great and the job itself seemed flexible. I did all kinds of research on other prospering cleaning businesses and came up with a concept and put it in pursuit. I know that business isn't going to boom right off the bat, but at least it's up and running . In the meantime, I got tired of reading magazines about the same celebrities. Seems like the same articles just different magazine titles. I figured there was waaayyy more interesting: people, places, ideas, and things in my own back yard and beyond. I also began research on starting my own magazine. I love to read and write. I was going to school for Secondary Education- English/Language Arts, but I didn't want so much emphasis on the teaching portion; so, I switched it. Now it's English with a Teacher Certification track. I'm living out my dreams and ideas with my son by my side. I've recently added a restaurant to my repertoire! Details coming soon. I have more business ventures up my sleeves that will reveal themselves in due time. I have so many ideas! It would be a shame to not put them to use. 

I do not plan on getting any business loans! So far I haven't had to. I'm starting all my businesses from the ground up. So far everything is moving right along. Lots of prayer went into them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment